BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

ravenous and dottie!

rav·en·ous

[rav-uh-nuhs] Show IPA
adjective
1.
extremely hungry; famished; voracious: feeling ravenous after a hard day's work.
2.
extremely rapacious: a ravenous jungle beast.
3.
intensely eager for gratification or satisfaction.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English  < Old French ravineus,  equivalent to ravin ( er ) to raven2  + -eus -ous

rav·en·ous·ly, adverb
rav·en·ous·ness, noun

1. greedy, starved, devouring. Ravenous, ravening, voracious suggest a greediness for food and usually intense hunger. Ravenous implies extreme hunger, or a famished condition: ravenous wild beasts. Ravening adds the idea of fierceness and savagery, especially as shown in a violent manner of acquiring food: ravening wolves. Voracious implies craving or eating a great deal of food: a voracious child; a voracious appetite.  It may also be used figuratively: a voracious reader. 2. predatory.
 
by any definition of the word I AM! lol and right on time I usually get that way when the ketosis is in the process of kicking in, but no worries I'm eating a bit more than normal but of the "right" on plan foods and not anywhere near my carb limit. I'm allowed 20 for induction and today so far I'm at 11 and pretty much done with eating cause i'll be goin to bed in a couple of hours (hopefully!)
I've  eaten
bbq pork skins (2 small bags)
chicken breast
pepperoni
string cheese (only 1)
a 1/4 pound beef hot dog (sans bun!)
I'm feelin good energetically and I finally got some "GOOD" sleep yesterday.
I didn't have time for the gym this week yet but I did 1/2 hour of yoga and I got 18438 steps in yesterday so I'm happy with that.
and YIPPIE blogger fixed it's self and allowed me to post this wonderful list of reasons to exercise!
 
ARTIST OF THE DAY: DOTTIE WEST:
she's pure country and no frills but I do love me some dottie!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the feeling so well. I'd go to bed early too, just to tame the beast within. We both know that very soon the hunger will pass and the weight will start rolling off. Hold on. You'll get there.

    I'm glad blogger healed itself for you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too before I pitched the computer across the room, cause I'm emotional the first few days also! lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you stay under your carbs can you eat as much as you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well yes and no if I eat too much I just don't lose but I don't gain either so it gives me some leeway other plans don't.

      Delete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!