BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

random tirade and fmm and sugarland

I read this on my friend kitty Bronson's facebook and apparently it tweaked me so I'm reposting to see what y'all think!

"I don't believe in posting really negative things on other people's posts. I just need to say that it is entirely possible for someone to graduate high school, go to college, take whatever jobs they can, not have kids, not make huge mistakes and be a law abiding citizen and STILL be at or just above the poverty line and not be able to afford decent housing, etc on their own. Wages that do not keep up with the rise of costs make it nearly impossible. To say those who work as ...much as they can, even sometimes 2 jobs and still can not make ends meet and are at the poverty lines that it is only their own fault or because of bad choices, especially when the rich become richer, etc is incredibly insulting. Certain comments I read today really hit hard because my brother, in particular, has had such a hard time and has "followed the rules". He is at the poverty line and works 2 jobs. And I am finding it difficult to find affordable housing for myself at the salary I make but yet I make enough "above" the poverty line. We both have college degrees, those without college degrees have an even harder time."

this was my long winded reply...............................
I agree but at the same time my poor choices have put me where I am, I think in America our "idea" of what constitutes success is skewed horribly. we don't need the huge houses we have our ancestors had one small living area for EVERYONE and the kitchen was where most hung out. we're technologically rich so even our poverty level really is better than most in the past had it. as long as there's a roof over my head and food in my belly and a home filled with love I consider that successful and if I cant have all the "toys" I want (like the 20 or so tarot decks in my amazon wish list) I can be grateful for the 9 I have been blessed with!...............as for the golden years it's ALWAYS been a myth. I grew up in the country in a farming community and EVERYONE from child to grandparent worked every single day in the fields/home till they died and they were content to do so. how many hard working folks do y'all know who retired then dropped dead within 2 years? humans are not meant to be sedentary. I try not to judge others journey but I will say I hear all the time I really need a job , but I'm NOT working nights/weekends/etc etc and not for less than _______ dollars an hour, and yet they can afford cigaretts and a smart phone and cable while paying with their ebt card. I qualify based on income but I have all I need so I refuse to milk the government . just my opinion but if you can afford cable you're doin fine because it's a non-necessary expense that could pay for another bill and the I'm bored I deserve it thinking is erroneous. read a book the library is free, spend time with your family talking mayhaps you might learn something. ...............wow Kitty Bronson apparently this tweaked something in me gonna have to look into that! sorry for the novella on your page! sending positive energy your way darling! .........................(end of comment)

I don't mind admitting I am a spendthrift and I buy what I want however there lives in me the heart of a frugal person. I spend all my money then I can live on less than $20 a week of groceries if I must or I can go months without eating out or buying myself anything if I'm saving for say a new tattoo or such. I think bein a Gemini I see both sides more clearly than most I can go to both extremes easier than most! lol I grew up in a rurual area so there really were no shops around the corner or malls to hang out in. the nearest "city" seemed a million miles away. I actually played outside and created whole worlds in my head (I still do!) my mama made all my clothes till I was 8 (she passed away) and there wasn't even a wal mart anywhere (a kmart 30 miles away was it) so when I grew up I LOVED getting possesions and I still do of course I call it collecting NOT hoarding LMAO but it's a fine line! and I do this with everything, books, dvds, cds, clothes, autographs, people, etc etc........my one true collection is Elvira! and parting with stuff is hard but I do on occasion do it. I refuse to let it get away with me and become one of those silly twits on a tv show needing others to do what needs to be done. that's when I have my SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP "moment" and just do it!
there is a wonderful book that helped me realize I can be frugal and I enjoy bein frugal so I was forcing myself to be in a position where I had to instead of just doing it and enjoying it..........it's called the complete tightwad gazette by amy dacyczyn and it's wonderful I highly recommend it whether or not you want to be frugal because it's eye opening and insightful too.
I have no idea where this post started or is gonna end up so I apologize for the whiplash y'all but I'm just goin with the flow here. so I slept on it and seem to have nothing else to add so now it's time for fmm..................
friend makin mondays
Friend Makin’ Mondays
1.  What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far?  getting my chest piece finished it's been a long process (9 hours total) and painful too but ever so worth it.
2. Share the last compliment you received.  I was told my chest is bad ass in line at wal mart a couple of days ago.
3.  What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? getting back to the gym. it's been a few months, I had an eye issue and just got my chest piece finished so it's been difficult.
 
4.  What is your favorite TV show currently on air? hmmm that's a 3 way tie, true blood, sons of anarchy and csi (the original)
5.  If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? 
new Zealand, it's beautiful or peru to live and study with a shaman in the jungle.
6.  Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system.
my mama died when I was 8 and I stopped believing or loving God as I knew him. for 20 years I was VERY anti-Christian and I learned a lot about other paths. I now have made peace and I understand that God is the GREAT SPIRIT he who is known by a thousand names and is yet un-nameable. there are a thousand road leading to the same destination and many aspects of the same deity followed by people all over the world. they are all valid as long as the journey is honored and honors others.
7.  What made you decide to live where you currently live?  I was in florida and had LOVED it for 16 years and we had 3 hurricanes hit DIRECTLY onto my town in 3 months. I was without power/phone for 2 of those and it was HOT (over 100 most days) my elderly cat died in the middle of the last storm and my home took some damage I had friends who were from here so BOOM here I landed and then proceeded to hate it for 6 years because it was so different. I'm starting to like it now but it's still a process.
8.  What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? why so many get it wrong? God is about love and freedon NOT adherence to strict rules and punishment. he's also about nature and communion with it NOT building the biggest false idols in his name and wearing fancy clothes or judging those who are different. after all Jesus was the first hippie he hung out with lepers and whores and rebels. he is NOT the status quo.
9.  If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose?  Tina Turner she's been my idol/inspiration since I was a poor little orphan boy growing up in the south feelin all alone and hopeless. her story and voice got me through!
10.  List three things that you’re thankful for today.  
            a. one more day of vaca
            b. spirit ALWAYS watches over me no matter how dumb I may be on occasion
            c. my Elvira Mistress of the Dark calendar FINALLY got here (a year without Elvira would be sad!)

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions on your blog.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments.  I’ve been gone for a while, but I hope that you all will welcome me back into your blogging world.  Happy Monday, and Happy New Year!

ARTIST OF THE DAY: DAY 8: SUGARLAND:
Jennifer nettles has a voice like no other and their songs just grab me and don't let go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!