BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Friday, February 28, 2014

inspiration and beauty! let's get HAPPY!

I admit I haven't been feelin inspired to write the last week or so, but I have made sure I kept my promise to blog every day this year! well sometimes inspiration comes from a dear friend whose journey has been an epic battle she has won (she'd probably say winning not won as she's still on the journey) :) her name is marion and if y'all haven't checked out her blog I HIGHLY recommend you do asap. she's a font of ideas/info/inspiration and a damn fine person too!
here's her link..............http://affectionforfitness.blogspot.com/
the particular blog that inspired me is about acting like a beautiful person so I'm posting that for you too
.http://affectionforfitness.blogspot.com/2014/02/act-beautifully-eat-beautifully.html

Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Act Beautifully, Eat Beautifully

My main health goal this year is to learn how to always treat myself as a beautiful person. I believe that the way a person views themselves is so apparent in how they look and act.

I recently read a ballet exercise book, which has a lot of discussion about dancers/ballerinas. One notable thing it said was that ballerinas always act like graceful beautiful dancers, even at the grocery store. Everywhere--because they are always ballerinas no matter where they go.

I like that idea of being beautiful during all aspects of my life. And I believe that any woman can adopt this idea of acting beautifully.

Some questions I ask myself are:
1. Am I standing like a beautiful person?
2. Am I presenting myself like a beautiful person?
3. Am I treating others like I am a beautiful person?
4. Am I exercising like a beautiful person?
5. Am I eating foods that beautiful people, like ballerinas, eat?

I have found it much easier to resist the red velvet cupcakes on our table or pecan pie in the fridge because I'm eating as a beautiful person (versus because I'm watching my weight).

I raised this "beautiful person" idea up at TOPS tonight, and all of the women loved it. It is really a lovely thought to think about ourselves, much about cherishing ourselves. One friend said, I need to exercise like I'm beautiful," and it really changed her viewpoint of exercise. I recommended balancing exercises because they always feel beautiful to me.

Other news: I was 2nd in my TOPS chapter category  for a weight loss of 16.25 pounds last year. I got a certificate for that. I just finished food journaling Day 510. Sometimes, I resent food journaling, but it's made such an amazing difference that I just keep on. What other thing can a person do for 2 or 3 minutes per day that makes such a huge difference?!

What do *you* think? What is your overall vision for yourself? And as usual, I like to read about your ideas and opinions.

Have a Super Day! 

:-) Marion 

 and here's my reply...........
LOVE this post/idea.........I AM beautiful (so are you!) and I try to remember that at all times. I also pretty much just don't do anything I'd be ashamed of as a rule. if you cant be proud of it don't do it. like eating candy in my room or pizza. I used to order 2 large pizzas and breadsticks with a 2 liter DIET soda (who was I kidding?) when I had a roommate that was at work. I'd eat every bite then take the boxes to the big dumpster in the development so they'd never know and stick to my "diet" when they were around. that is shameful ! so even if I screw up and goodness knows I still do on occasion (NOT in those epic proportions that was 85 pounds ago) I OWN it and don't attempt to hide it. and this has inspired todays blogpost so thanks darlin!
 
it actually makes me queasy when I revisit the person I used to be I had so much self loathing and self sabotaging inside me. I never felt like I deserved to be happy, thin, successful. and that's a shame because I was such a brave happy little boy until my mama died then I was just scared and lost and the whole world treated me like shit and told me I wasn't worth anything. I wish people could KNOW what damage they do by judging a child and telling them all these negative hateful things. I got chubby after mama died so I was made fun of, I was gay (I didn't even know what gay was) and I guess obviously to others so I got called faggot, threatened, physically attacked, all within earshot of teachers and other adults and no one tried to protect me. kids at that age are only repeating what they hear adults say so I learned to hide what I felt and turn it all inward. I NEVER let anyone see me cry or know I was upset I learned to be brash and hateful and funny to hide my pain. and if they came for me I made them pay by humiliating them. and as y'all may know my people (gays) are VERY good at that! lolol but it never made me feel happy, oh I'm not gonna lie I enjoyed shredding my tormentors to the point they avoided me and left me the hell alone. probably the only thing that saved me from bad physical beatings was my CRAZY family and they hated me bein gay (my mama never did she bought me barbies and such) it was a "family" matter and none of anyone elses business.
I translated that horror into layers of fat, fat is a prison but it also feels safe. food FEELS like a friend and it always comforted me (even as it was killing me) and never let me down. I'd eat till I was in misery physically to match the pain I felt in my heart/soul and I did that for decades. even after I realized what I was doing it took me years to find ways to cope. that was when I started hiding my shame of food by binging alone. I'd eat like a "bird" with others around and then binge when no one was looking hiding the evidence and pretending I was on a plateau with my diet. I was so full of crap.
I'd actually also like to give a shout out to someone who changed my life and mayhaps I haven't ever thanked them properly my dear sweet friend jana . I was pretty unhappy when I met her and we just clicked. she introduced me "gently" to atkins and got me excited. I was finally able to break that cycle I was in and stop feeling the shame/pain/angst my life had become. I lost 80 pounds and I kept it off thanks to her. so bless ya darling xoxoxoxoxoxo
and here's the proof
I was over 300 in the 1st photo and around 226 in the second one. I've kept all of the weight off all these years we'll over a decade but some how just never lost the last 40 pounds I needed to. so that's been my goal this year I'm actually about 15 pounds thinner now than in the "skinny" pic
this was taken last week so it's the most current I have at the moment.
I guess I just want everyone to be happy ON the journey not just when you reach the goal. life is too precious and short to be anything less that beautiful at all times. I'M BEAUTIFUL, Y'ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.......................and anyone who tells you or treats you differemtly doesn't deserve my/your time or attention and they certainly don't have the right to affect your journey/outcome. so love yourself enough to stand up for you!
 
 and ya know what the past is the past I've forgiven those who tormented me (you NEVER forget) not because they deserve it but because I DESERVE to go thru life with less baggage! don't worry what others say (I KNOW easier said than done when bein bullied) a couple of quotes I LOVE!
 
"OTHERS OPINIONS OF ME, ARE NONE OF MY BUSINESS"
 
now in my life I STRIVE to practice the gentle art of blessing , whenever I'm feeling irritation/anger towards another. I don't know their journey or if life is bein unkind so instead of cursing under my breath at them for driving slow or blocking my path or talking on their phone while I'm trying to handle their transaction I send waves of love/healing their way and mine. it stops me from getting REALLY mad and tends to diffuse any situation. a smile can go a really long way to brightening someones day including mine. so that's what I do...........it may sound terribly silly/simple but truth isn't complicated.
and now I wanna share my new theme song with y'all, it's my wish for everyone and the world!
lets get HAPPY! there's actually a 24 hour video for this song so anytime you wanna have a pick me up for your day pop over and watch another section (they're in hourly episodes)
http://24hoursofhappy.com/
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the concept of treating ourselves well. I always strive to be kind and understanding to everyone I encounter. I know that everyone has a battle of some sort going on and are generally just doing the best they can. That helps me to take a deep breath, smile and respond gently to folks I'd much rather smack upside the head. However, I have a hard time doing this for myself.

    I was taught from an early age not to think of myself as pretty in any way. My mother was quick to squash any signs of it. I know she was trying to tamp down pride and ego but she smashed my self esteem too. I don't think I am pretty nor do I think I deserve to be treated well. I spend a lot of time mentally bashing myself to prove it.

    So, right now, I'm taking a deep breath, smiling and responding kindly to ME. No more mental knocks upside the head.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goes hand in hand with the 'think thin' that I've been tying to re-enact in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Timothy, You are indeed a beautiful person, and it's too bad that you didn't realize that earlier in your life. People tell us such crap, when we were always special exactly as we are/were. I am blessed to have you in my life, my soul-sy beautiful friend. <3

    ReplyDelete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!