BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

moderatiom smoderation

moderation smoderation what if I just wand be a BIG ole HOG? lolol cause sometimes I just wanna stuff and stuff till I cant move, oh it happens far less and the binges are way way smaller! lets consider my last "binge"
med thin crust pizza with bacon and ham
specialty chicken with buffalo and cheese (probably 2 to 3 fingers chopped)
parmesan bites (16 dipped in garlic butter)
chicken alfredo from dominos  so for that I looked up the nutritional info and it's
pizza  on thin crust 2 topping546 calories
specialty chicken 85 clories
chicken alfredo in tin 326 calories
parm bites (16 piece) 220 calories
garlic sauce 28 calories x 3
ranch sauce 43 calories
for a whopping total of 1304 calories now that's one binge but I ate it over the course of an entire day so perfectly fine with that as a calorie count
my old time binge lord oh lord was
 extra large meat lovers pizza add chicken 1943 calories
breadsticks (2 orders) 244 x 2
boneless chicken (8 piece) 202
garlic sauce 28 x 3
ranch sauce 43 x 2
chicken bacon ranch sub 315
for an WTF? total of 3118
and that was NOT the entire day that was over the course of a movie and then I'd go across to wawa and get a large bag of chips (family size)
and a couple of king size candy bars
so lets add them in family bag of doritos 2380 calories
don't forget the entire container of mild cheddar dip 400 calories
and the 2 king size baby ruths at 500 calories apiece
that's another 3780 calories for a grand binge total of 6898 calories over the course of probably 4 hours now this wasn't every single night but it was at least 2 nights a week
makes me wanna puke when I think of how unhealthy and un happy I was back then.........and it wasn't that long ago either I still did that after I moved to De even though I had lost weight. I kept off over 80 pounds but I did see-saw with about 30 pounds after I moved here I really hated De and blamed it on all my issues (still do sometimes despite knowing better! lol) also sadly I must say that I also ate my 2 other meals in addition to that blow out and I used to order 8 meat biscuits from hardees for breakfast and two 12 inch subs and a bag of chips for lunch. growing up on a farm you expend MEGA calories and your body adapts to eating that way but goin from farming to bein a cashier and staying sedentary the rest of the day was the kiss of death for me!


this is the only fat picture that survives that I know of I avoided pics like the plague back then......



I much prefer the now, I can breath and move in that pic I was about to keel over just from walking from the car to the house





so I'm gonna keep it in perspective when I binge now it aint that bad but physically it hurts me worse because my body is
A. older
B. not used to such stress
so my mini binges are about once a month mayhaps or every 3 weeks if I'm stressin
I'm still a work in progress but I LOVE ME now! I was so unhappy back then I wanted (subconsciously of course) for my body to be in as much pain as my spirit/soul. I was soooooo sad and I couldn't have told you why. the difference today I LIVE my life I don't exist in a food filled fog of depression and angst and I will NEVER go there again!
ok enough introspection for now it's makin me antsy so I wanna share a wonderful group with y'all it's the NOH8 group...........they use celebrity pics with mouths covered in duct tape as their symbol hence my photo!

https://www.facebook.com/noh8campaign
http://www.noh8campaign.com/


MISSION STATEMENT: The NOH8 Campaign is a charitable organization whose mission is to promote marriage, gender and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest.

On November 4, 2008 Proposition 8 passed in California, amending the state Constitution to ban same-sex marriage. The defeat provoked a groundswell of initiative within the GLBT community at a grassroots level, with many new political and protest organizations being formed in response.

The NOH8 Campaign is a photographic silent protest created by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska (
http://www.bouska.net) and partner Jeff Parshley in direct response to the passage of Proposition 8. Photos feature subjects with duct tape over their mouths, symbolizing their voices being silenced by Prop 8 and similar legislation around the world, with "NOH8" painted on one cheek in protest.
Five years since its inception, the NOH8 Campaign has grown to nearly 33,000 faces and continues to grow at an exponential rate. The campaign began with portraits of everyday Californians from all walks of life and soon rose to include politicians, military personnel, newlyweds, law enforcement, artists, celebrities, and many more.
While inspired by the passage of Prop 8, the scope of the NOH8 Campaign has grown to stand against discrimination and bullying of all kinds. The message of 'No Hate' can be interpreted and applied broadly, and speaks to each person in their own way.
The NOH8 Campaign has received overwhelming support from around the world, and has appeared in various local and national news programs and publications. The images are widely used on various social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to spread the message of equality.















Liza Minnelli





Kristin Bauer

6 comments:

  1. Great post Timothy! Love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it wasn't fun to write but I felt better afterwards!

      Delete
  2. I think you nailed it on the head. We are going to binge. It's a fact of life for some of us.....so we need to put it into perspective.....I recently had a binge somewhat like yours. My 30 minute binge was 250 calories. :-) I don't do it often and they are MUCH smaller than previous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hon I felt better after figuring the numbers

      Delete
  3. It is so important to keep those "binges" in perspective. It keeps you from feeling like a failure and making things worse. Now, rather than binges, I call them indulgences. We deserve and even need them every now and then to keep from feeling deprived.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that so I shall enjoy my occasional "indulgences" and not fret myself into further binge territory

      Delete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!