BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

what's love: a celebration!

sometimes something changes your life, a book, a movie, a singer. for me that was and IS Tina Turner. her music got me through some really difficult times being an openly gay teen and orphan in the DEEP south. her story inspired me and made me believe it would get better and I could escape. it also made me know it was ok just to be me. I proudly wore my Tina pins on my jacket at school (even though it actually got me ridiculed) and on that note I can tell you I was so open with my adoration that at my 20 year reunion the first question I got asked was did I still like Tina. lol HELL YES!
Tina was also the 1st concert I ever attended which is blessing and curse. because when you start with the "BEST" it's only downhill from there. no other artist has EVER been even close.
What are we doing this week? Celebrating!!! 30-years-ago this week Tina Turner had the number one song on the charts. What's Love Got to do with it remained at the top of the charts for three weeks and went on to win GRAMMYs for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. Tina was also honored with the MTV Video Music Awards Best Female Video. Tina promoted What's Love and the album Private Dancer with a 177 date world tour. In 2012 What's Love was inducted into the Grammy Hall of fame. Congratulations Tina!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu8KFlfzk3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-YnN6-q2s








and a shot from her vogue last year, she became the oldest woman to EVER appear on the cover!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!