BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

FMM on a tues

Posted on May 12, 2014 by
FMM
Happy Monday everyone and welcome to another Friend Makin Monday. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was Mothers Day, but my husband and I never celebrated as our mums are in England and they celebrate Mothers Day in March there – no idea why, as Fathers Day is celebrated the same day in England as it is in the US. After seeing lots of photos of people with their mums on Facebook it got us thinking about when we were kids (long before we knew each other) and sharing our memories – hence this weeks topic :)
If you’ve taken part in FMM before then you are familiar with the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to read and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Childhood Memories
1. I know I love posting photos and you guys do too, so this first one you will love. Post a photo of you as a baby/small child.



2. Describe yourself as a child in three words.
bliss of ignorance (pre-orphaned) disillusioned lost soul after
3.What was one of your first school memories?
I got my first paddling from my favorite teacher in 1st grade. she asked us to please be quite as she had a headache and the others were too loud (in my opinion) so I YELLED at them to be quite because mrs Phillips had a headache! LMAO the best deeds do not go unpunished!
4. How did you get to school?
my mama took me the first couple of years because when my parents divorced we moved out of our district and she didn't want me to be traumatized, then after she died I rode the bus til my dad died then I lived with my grandparents whose property was literally behind the school so I walked til tenth grade then I rode the bus that year and for 11th/12th I usually drove................oh shoot I forgot as I'm approaching old fart status I should have said I walked uphill in a snowstorm both ways! lol
5. What was your favorite toy?
my fisher price barn , it mooed when you opened the doors I still have it and i'll age myself and say it's made out of wood! lol

6. Did you have a favorite place you used to go on vacation to as a child?
panama city florida I had an aunt there and there was a wonderfully fun amusement park called the miracle strip alas it's a parking lot now.
7. If you had siblings did you ever get dressed in similar outfits?
no not really as she's a girl
8. Do you remember learning to ride your bike?
yes I was 6 and it was a fully decked out evil kenevil dirt bike
9. Were you a thumb sucker as a child?
no I didn't suck my thumb at all I guess I wasn't nervous but my sister did it horribly
10.What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
I used to go to bed and then getback up and sit in my mamas lap and watch old horror movies like Dracula and the wolfman all night. I was like 3 to 5
Have a great day and thanks for sharing my childhood memories with me.
Now it is your turn to answer the questions, don’t forget to come back here and link your answers in the comments below.
Sarah xxx
 

2 comments:

  1. love the photo of you with the fisher price barn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those barns, too! I wish I knew what happened to it. I saw one in an antique store (really? antique??) and they wanted $65 for it with all the animals. Sigh. The horse & the cow were my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!