BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Monday, May 19, 2014

books

so I am an admitted book nerd and hardback snob. I DESPISE kindles, nooks, tablets and all other forms of electronic reading. it's like someone reciting an opera instead of singing it. you get a pale imitation of grandeur.
I have always had a love affair with the written word and I probably always shall. books were my salvation when I was bereft and my stability when I lose my way. I read a variety of things and am always interested in books on almost any subject. westerns, history, sci-fi, fantasy, metaphysical, reference, everything from A COOK IN TIME by Joanne Pence to ZEN A WAY OF LIFE by Christmas Humphries
Photo: What do you think? It's a clever caption, isn't it, though I doubt that ring would hold all the books most of us own. It would be a good conversation piece, though. Melissa Pickett sent the picture.






of course I have many books on weight loss and healthy living some are wonderful and have served me well some are dry as toast and somber but all bring something to the mix.............sticking with the health category here are some of my faves (in no particular order)
Richard Simmons better body book
Jillian Michaels making the cut
Bob Harper are you ready
Julie Hadden fat chance
Valerie Bertinelli losing it
Dolphina bellydance
Raquel Welch ,Raquel
Mario Lopez knockout fitness (this one is "pretty" and mostly useless as a guide but did I mention he's pretty?!) lol
Bob Paris , flawless, beyond built, and prime.
Robert Atkins new diet revolution (this ones my "BIBLE")






so I picked a random shelf next to me to illustrate my taste in literature
George carlin last words
dean koontz odd Thomas books
dan millman peaceful warrior books
anna sewell black beauty
molly wizenberg a homemade life
the firefly dance (various)
Margaret cho I have chosen to stay and fight
jk rowling harry potter series
christpher palonini inheritance cycle
edgar allen poe the complete works
Stephen king the dark tower series
gawa ni pony boy horse follow closely
atkins new diet revolution
ann webb the proper care of tarantulas
bette midler the saga of baby bette
Rachel Pollack 78 degrees of wisdom a book of tarot
and that's only a small sample of my tatses! lol





this I loved I posted it on Fb and got some wonderful responses............and if I were gonna gift y'all I can only narrow it to 3 by the way it's be
DUNE
THE STAND
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (it's ONE book released in 7 parts! lol)
now for something far less cerebral and more likely to get your blood flowing I give you ............
Photo: mayhaps i'll re-enact the scene from 10 on the beach with this strapping lad in my dreams! so on that note I shall see y'all later! lolol *evil wink* ;)


lololol








EVIL LAUGH! LMAO
 ok back briefly to weight loss....
Photo: LOL! #B1039
LMAO


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!