BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

sports illustrated ? and buffalo chicken lasagna


 LMAO well ok then you go.............gurl!?
love love love Richard but I think it's so silly he denys he's gay as if his fans would care. and yet he posts pictures of himself in costume aka DRAG (for those who don't know the term drag comes from shakespear in his plays he would write in the margins DRessed As Girl which shorthanded to DRAG)
as there were no females allowed to act in those days.............end of HERSTORY lesson!
The Buffalo wing lovers in your life will love this delicious Buffalo Chicken Lasagna! Creamy, spicy, and satisfying; perfect for dinner or a party!


BUFFALO CHICKEN LASAGNA! Excuse my excitement... but this is awesome! I'm actually new to buffalo wings. I ate my first wing at thirty years old. Yep, it's true. Wings never seemed like "my thing." But I was wrong... oh so wrong. I loveeee Buffalo wings now!

When I saw a recipe for Buffalo chicken lasagna I was really excited! But once I read the recipes I found online I felt like none were what I really wanted. As I usually do, I took the idea and made my own unique version. And it rocks. And because I'm awesome I share my recipes.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounce cream cheese
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
Hot pepper sauce (amount based on your own preference)
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I baked chicken tenders in the oven covered with foil at 350 for 25 minutes)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
Lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions

Directions:
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the pot. Stir well until completely melted then add in the buffalo sauce and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce to taste. Spoon a small amount of the buffalo and cream cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and spread it around to cover the bottom of the dish. Stir the chicken into the sauce in the pot.
Place one layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles then drizzle with half of the ranch dressing. Add another layer of noodles and then the remaining chicken and ranch dressing. Place a final layer of lasagna noodles and then spread the cheese over the top.
Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and maybe some carrot and celery sticks.
this looks/sounds YUMMY! definitely a splurge option for me!
and that brings me to my food intake! since I ate almost nothing sunday I certainly made up for it Monday!
bacon pizza medium (thin crust white sauce........yes the WHOLE thing)
chicken alfredo sm bowl
bow ties with tomato sauce (1/2 serving)
4 mini baby ruths
peanuts
nutty bar
oatmeal cake (2)
hamburger helper lasagna (since I didn't have the stuff handy to make the buffalo one LMAO)
garlic bread
puff corn





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love taking recipes and tweaking them to my preferences. So, I really love it when someone else has done the tweaking for me.

    Thanks for the HERstory lesson. I didn't know that is where the term DRAG came from. Cool.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard is too fabulous to be straight!

    Hmm, idk about spicy stuff - my family is too picky to be that adventurous. Ppppft.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!