BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Monday, November 24, 2014

the iron is hot

y'all know I've loved Jillian Michaels for a long time but as of late she's a conundrum to me, she said this in an interview with health magazine...
You know the kind, says Jillian: "Everyone's like: 'Give up carbs!' 'Give up fat!' 'Wait, no, now I'm taking pills!' None of them are manageable long-term—and they wreak havoc with your metabolism! Because you're either starving yourself or you're cutting out a major food group. Then you go back into weight-gain mode, but it's even worse, because your body has adjusted to all that crazy fad crap."
but she sells weight loss pills and such at wal mart..WTF? so do you believe it but still plan to use the fat folks desperation to make a buck? BIG sigh alas I feel we're all on our own as everybody even those that care still have their hand out for the almighty dollar.
so as with all things I hear/read I take it with a grain of salt.......(d y'all think all this sodium is making me retain fluids? lol) and here's the thing research everything that sounds plausible and doable to you take that which works and use it in combo with all the other things life experience has taught you. common sense is key and yes a calorie is a calorie but we all know not all calories are equal. 300 calories of sugar reacts far differently than 300 calories of protein and that's MY truth thru experience. it doesn't spike your blood sugar or wreck your metabolism.
so my idols have feet of clay, well ya know what don't we all...so mayhaps I'm just gonna go off script and do it MY way, I've maintained 207 for months doin that with little or no exercise and eating whatever I wanted. now don't get me wrong I maintained but I also figured out some stuff too. bread just no longer tsates good to me and when I eat lots of carbs or too much sugar I get gas, BAD! I also tend to get bowel "issues" to go along with it. protein gives me a level source of energy without that burst and crash nonsense.
so I'm gonna temp fate and state a goal, a short term one that I've tried to accomplish many times and failed miserably (don't y'all love self-sabotage) I want to be in ONEDERLAND by new years day. now iunderstand that the holidays are fraught with emotional bombs and temptations but some turkey breast and unglazed ham along with a deviled egg or teo suit me just fine. i'll forgo the pies and such for thanksgiving. see this year I'll be all alone the from dec 22 till the new year so I simply wont have any trigger foods in the house. as for thanksgiving we're kinda doin a combo and having turkey breast, ham and doin sandwiches (i'll skip the bread) we also ordered our usual Christmas treats from swiss colony of cheeses and meats so I can partake (in moderation) of them also. all in all it should work out just fine.
my biggest obstacle is my own apathy and sheer lazy. I pay $19.99 for a gym membership and I haven't been in months. it's a 24 hour gym so there are no reasons nor excuses that fly. it's all on my inability to motivate me, so it's time that tim grabbed those gorram bootstraps and yanked em HARD! I really do not like admitting I'm such a couch potato and bum but alas calling my own bullshit and getting it out there is a necessary part of 100% disclosure and that's what the purpose of this blog is to me, accountability. I LOVE the feedback I get and I am so touched and motivated by my followers and commenters but 1st and foremost it's about me and my journey. I've seen too many I followed regain and fall by the wayside out of embarrassment at admitting a regain or simply bein too depressed to make the effort. if nothing else my long term goals of blogging every day and posting an artist of the day on fb for a year have shown I can make myself do it even when there are days it's the last thing I want to do and I do the bare minimum to just say I did it. that's ok as long as I did it it's a win! I started on jan 1st and we're into the middle of November so that's nearly 11 months of daily activity..............now I need to exercise my body as diligently as that! I'm not gonna lie and say i'll exercise 7 days a wekk cause that would be a lie (at this point) but I am saying that starting wed. (payday I don't have enough gas to get there right now) I'm going to the gym at least 4 times a week. in the meantime I'm gonna get off here and do the Goddess workout right now, and then later some yoga.
Found on pinterest.com
lolol I'm feelin pretty good about everything right now so I think that old adage of striking while the iron is hot should be applied.

and I'm pretty certain that it's a blacksmithing quote and not a laundry one! lol
  


Strike while the iron is hot

Meaning

Act decisively and take your opportunities when they arise.

Origin

This old proverb clearly alludes to the imagery of the blacksmith or farrier at his forge. If he delays in shaping the iron when it is hot a pliable the metal soon cools and hardens and the opportunity is lost.
The expression is recorded in Richard Edwards', The excellent comedie of two the moste faithfullest freendes, Damon and Pithias, circa 1566
I haue plied the Haruest, and stroke when the Yron was hotte.
 

3 comments:

  1. I have been slowly writing a book about weightloss. One of the chapters starts with the words 'chuck it all'. No carbs, no sugar, cabbage diet, pills, protein....it makes ones head likely to explode! So read and be informed and chuck it out the window because in the end it's all about what works for us as individuals, and we are all totally unique!!!

    As for Jillian michaels....makes me shake my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the book and I'm glad I'm not the only one puzzled by the gurus back-speak

      Delete
  2. You can get those 7 little pounds off by January 1, no problem.

    Everyone has to find their own path on this journey. We can help each other along by sharing what has/has not worked for us. That still doesn't mean what didn't work for me won't work for you. It might.

    As for exercise, therapy is the only thing I have found that I can do consistently. Walking without pain is a huge motivator, and apparently the one I needed.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!