BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Friday, October 3, 2014

DOLLYisms.......

you know inspiration and motivation can hit at any time. I was playing WOW online and didn't feel like listening to tv so I hit play on my cd player and in the rotation was dolly partons new album BLUE SMOKE ( HIGHLY recommended!) and as I started getting into in one song in particular just hit home and made me bawl. it's so simple and so profound (here's a link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_guDC57qa4





                              TRY........................
I have chased after rainbows
I’ve captured one or two
I’ve reached for the stars
And I have even held a few
I’ve walked that lonesome valley
Topped the mountains, sewed a sky
I’ve laughed and I have cried
But I have always tried

'Cause I’ve always been a dreamer
And dreams are special things
But dreams are of no value
If they’re not equipped with wings
So secure yourself for climbing
Make ready for the sky
Don’t let your chance go by
You’ll make it if you try

So try to be the first one up the mountain
The highest flying dreamer in the sky
And try your best to be an inspiration
Brothers that are still afraid and shy

And try to make the most of every moment
'Cause if you never try you never win
So try each day to try a little harder
And if you fail, get up and try again

You know nothing is impossible
If you can just believe
Don’t live your life in shackles
When faith can be the key
The winner's one who keeps determination in his eyes
Who’s not afraid to fly and not afraid to try

So try to be the first one up the mountain
And try to be the first to touch the sky
And don’t let somebody tell you, you can’t do it
And if they say that, show em it’s a lie

And if you fail at first just keep on trying
'Cause you are not a failure in god’s eyes
So spread your wings and let the magic happen
‘Cause you’ll never really know if you don’t try

And the first step is the one that’s always hardest
But you’ll never really know if you don’t try
You have to try
 SUCH AN UPLIFTING POSITIVE AND SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP SONG! I ALSO LOVE BETTER GET TO LIVIN FROM BACKWOODS BARBIE SO I'M SHARING IT TOO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKeulwZ3sGE


People always comin' up to me and askin'
"Dolly, what's your secret?
With all you do, your attitude
Just seems to be so good
How do you keep it?"
Well, I'm not the Dalai Lama, but I'll try
To offer up a few words of advice.
Chorus:
You better get to livin', givin'
Don't forget to throw in a little forgivin'
And lovin' on the way
You better get to knowin', showin'
A little bit more concerned about where you're goin'
Just a word unto the wise
You better get to livin'.
A girlfriend came to my house
Started cryin' on my shoulder Sunday evening
She was spinnin' such a sad tale
I could not believe the yarn that she was weavin'
So negative the words she had to say
I said if I had a violin I'd play.
I said you'd better get to livin', givin'
Be willing and forgivin'
Cause all healing has to start with you
You better stop whining, pining
Get your dreams in line
And then just shine, design, refine
Until they come true
And you better get to livin'.
Your life's a wreck, your house is mess
And your wardrobe way outdated
All your plans just keep on falling through
Overweight and under paid, under appreciated
I'm no guru, but I'll tell you
This I know is true.
You better get to livin', givin'
A little more thought about bein'
A little more willin' to make a better way
Don't sweat the small stuff
Keep your chin up
Just hang tough
And if it gets too rough
Fall on your knees and pray
And do that everyday
Then you'll get to livin'.
The day we're born we start to die
Don't waste one minute of this life
Get to livin'
Share your dreams and share your laughter
Make some points for the great hereafter.
Better start carin'
Better start sharin'
Better start tryin'
Better start smiling
And you better get to livin'...
 I ALSO LOVE HER ADVICE ON LOSIN WEIGHT CAUSE Y'ALL KNOW SHE WAS A BIG GIRL FOR YEARS SHE SAID " I JUST TOLD MYSELF GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA THE TROGH YA BIG OLE HOG!" PRETTY GOSH DARN SIMPLE AINT IT! SO THAN YOU DOLLY FOR PULLING MY HEAD OUT OF MY ASS AND GETTIN ME OUT OF MY FUNK! I'M GETTIN TO LIVIN!









 inspirational quotes dolly parton 3
Dolly Parton quotes and sayings




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!