BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Friday, December 12, 2014

now i KNOW

ok so lemme say the last several days have SUCKED! I was in misery at work on tues so I called out wed hopin I could "fix" the pain if I took a "time out" for a day...............not so much! lol and I shoulda known better. that's neither here nor there. I went to the ER thurs morning and spent most of the day there. I got in quick enough not even 15 minutes but then they were concerned it was diverticultous (spellcheck!) so I had to get an iv then drink these 2 contrast dyes over the course of an hour, have blood drawn and get a catscan.
the results are in no diver..... I have gallstones (apparently most people do) but not serious enough to cause any issues nor need treatment ( I don't agree with that and gravelroot and milkthistle will be uses asap!) what concerned the dr was my VERY thick blood and my elevated sugar. apparently he' concerned about adult onset diabetes and wants me to take some meds for a couple of days and follow up with a primary care dr (which I don't have but need to find, gonna do that in the morin)
well of course I understand diabetes better than most my granddaddy had to take insulin so I did all his blood testing, went to the classes on it and such. so I looked at the dr and said isn't all of this controllable with diet and exercise that doesn't require meds? he just looked at me like I was stupid, the nurse said well you need to..........and before she could finish I said cut out most carbs, no red meat, no fruits, tiny amount of nuts increase my green leafy intake and eat more fish/fowl. to which she was just nodding.
so here's the part I don't like I'm gonna have to drop my diet dew, oh not because the dr said anything he never asked anything about my lifestyle but I KNOW that's not helping and there have been studies that diet soda can interfere with insulin release. so I have a couple of bottles left and then I'm stopping. oh lemme be clear I may have an occasional one here and there but it wont be my main liquid and I wont keep it at home where I do most of my drinking. the funnt thing is the gallstone treatment and the sugat treatment are diametrically opposed. for the gallstones I'm supposed to avoid fish, dairy, etc etc but on the sugar diet that's what you need. so I'm figuring as the dr did the sugar was causing bloating and digestive issues which were tweaking the gallstones. so if I get the sugar under control the gallstones should be ok.........................
now y'all gotta know that was only my 1st emergency I had to deal with yesterday. whilst I was sitting at the hospital my eye was itchy and my roomie who went with me for moral support (thank goodness I HATE those places by myself.....thank you Dawn!) said my eye looked red. by the time we were headed home it was burning and I was like oh God no and ran in and looked in the mirror the whole eye was blood red and throbbing and I KNEW it was the same crap I had last year UVITUS, which is a sever inflammation of the eye. well DAMN! it wasn't unbearable like it was last time and I waqsnt gonna let it get that way so I called my eye dr and of course couldn't get an appointment till today with them but the secretary told me I could go to there other office if I needed it right now so back out into the snow , did I mention it was snowing, I went. by then I was soo light sensitive I had to hold a wet washcloth over my eye just to deal. I was right it was the same issue and I have none of the risk factors. so I'm on dialation twice a day and steroid drops every two hours for that. pain pills to the gallstones subside 4 times a day, and a sugar med I cant take till sat because  I have dye that would interact with it in my system. lolol it POURS!
I also have a follow up appointment Monday with the eye dr.
I understand that I have to get myself well and I've been havin these pains off and on for 6 months (I lied and told the dr 2 months cause I didn't wanna get fussed at! lolol) but really, gosh darn it there goes my new laptop at tax time i'll be paying off these medical bills . I have insurance and it pays 70/30 but I haven't been sick all year and used it so I haven't met my deductible. not looking forward to this but it'll all work itself out one way or another.
I told the eye dr I was terrified to brush my teeth or eat for fear of something dental happening to top off my terrific thrusday!
so here's my it's gonna work be happy pic!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so sorry all of that happened at all, and especially sorry that it all happened the same day. I've heard that gall bladder attacks are one of the worst pains. I am amazed that you toughed it out so long. You are strong!! I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

    Check with your insurance company about the deductible. Some times if you meet it in the last quarter of the year, they will let you carry it on to next year. A phone call might save you some $$ next year.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hon I'm just sorry I suffered by the stubbornness in me so long instead of just getting it taken care of............I am the worst patient cause I have no patience! lol

      Delete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!