BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

NOT a diet blog it's a pretty poison blog today in honor of christmas cookies!

This week I want to do something different.  Instead of asking lots of questions, I’d love to exchange tasty holiday recipes.  If you’re not savvy in the kitchen, share something (or a few things) that you’d want to eat.
friend makin mondays
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Share Your Favorite Holiday Recipe
Wilton Roll-Out Sugar Cookies
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsn. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar then add egg and mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours (I prefer four or more hours.)
Roll out the dough about 1/8 in. thick on lightly floured surface, dip cutters in flour before each use. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing from sheet then cool completely. Makes 24-30 cookies. Ice as desired.
Note:  I usually lay out foil all over the counter so when I’m done with the flour and stuff, all I have to do it carefully roll up the foil so I don’t have a huge mess.  I also usually double this recipe when I’m making it.  I don’t do that with many recipes, but it’s fine for this one.
Shiny Royal Icing
1/4 c warm water
1 tbsp light corn syrup
3 c powdered sugar (more, if needed)
Stir warm water, corn syrup, and almond extract together in a small bowl until corn syrup and extract have dissolved. Place confectioners’ sugar into a separate bowl and add liquid ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until royal icing is smooth.
Note:  If you want to outline the cookies (which I highly recommend even though I didn’t do it with these) just add powdered sugar until it’s thick enough to firm up nicely.  I usually just eyeball that.  Let it dry a little before flooding (filling in) the cookie.
Kenlie Christmas Cookies


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s question!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday! :)


now I don't do sweets per se but these looked adorable so here it is..................

MELTED SNOWMAN COOKIES
From Sara My Imperfect Kitchen

You’ll need:

1 package of Betty Crocker’s Sugar Cookie Mix OR substitute your family favorite!
10 large marshmallows
Cookie Icing, decorating tips, and your imagination! You can use Betty Crocker Cookie Icing or make your own. You’ll need Black, Red, Green, Blue and Red! I also used mini orange M&M’s for the noses, instead of mixing a tiny bit of orange for carrot noses.


See, simple and easy! Would I lie to you?
Mix the cookie mix (does that sound weird to anyone else?) together, then take a small chunk (about the size of a golf ball) and flatten to about 1/4″-1/2″ depending on how thick you like your cookies. Remember, they are supposed to be melted snowmen so the more irregular the shapes, the better! Isn’t that just perfect for My Imperfect Kitchen? I think I love these cookies even more now! :-)
melted-snowman-cookies-02
Bake the cookies according to the package directions. Pull them out when they’re done and let them cool on a rack. When they are cool, ice the cookies with the back of a spoon and let some of the icing drip over the edge for that melting effect!
melted-snowman-cookies-03
Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray and put the marshmallows on it. Cook on high for approx 20 seconds. Watch the marshmallows carefully though, you don’t want to let them get too fluffy! Spray your hand with the cooking spray (Great tip!) and pull the marshmallows carefully off the plate and set them on the frosted cookies.
melted-snowman-cookies-04
Some of my marshmallows fell over, but I just left them that way! It gives my cookies character. HA!
Start decorating! I found it easier to do the arms and faces first, then add the rest of the details.
melted-snowman-cookies-05
melted-snowman-cookies-06
Aren’t they cute?
melted-snowman-cookies-07
Ahhhh… I’m melting….
melted-snowman-cookies-08
What? It’s going to get how hot?
melted-snowman-cookies-09
Hello!
melted-snowman-cookies-10
All together now!
melted-snowman-cookies-11
I love these cookies! The only thing I would have changed, is my icing recipe. I didn’t have clear vanilla extract, so my cookies aren’t as bright white as they should have been. It would have made them even more adorable! When you do yours, get the clear vanilla extract or use white cookie icing!
My simple icing recipe is:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp milk
1 tsp clear vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla and the icing was just a little off-color.)
1 TBLS Light Corn Syrup
Stir until smooth and ice your cookies!
You really should try these! They are fun to make and fun to eat too! I had a blast making them and will probably be making them again before the season is over. Make these as a family project on a cold night and you’ve got a perfectly sweet evening! Enjoy!
and thanks to SARA at my inperfect kitchen for this FAB recipe make sure you check out her link above!

1 comment:

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!