BE what you BElieve!

BE what you BElieve!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

merry christmas y'all!

merry Christmas y'all or yule or any other ole thing you celebrate. It irks me to no end when people get mad at happy holidays, whenever someone wishes you a blessing in whatever form accept it graciously! I'm southern so I was taught good manners but some people get downright hostile. at work I wish someone merry Christmas if they say it first because people get offended (not everyone is Christian) by the same token many Christians get offended at happy holidays, blessed yule etc etc GROW UP and get with the multi-cultural world we live in. smile and say you too or wish them whatever you celebrate but return the gretting with a BIG smile even if you have to grit your teeth!
I celebrate everything myself, I was raised Christian but have studied most of the worlds religions and find there is more common ground that most people realize. so play nice in the universal sandbox everyone!
I work tonight and get off at 5am so I get to come home and do presents then I'm actually off Christmas night so I can actually be at home for once YIPPIE!
on the health/weight front I'm holding at 211 and still just doin moderation, I am gonna eat whatever I want for Christmas in moderation! we'll see how that goes! lololol
y'all have yourselves a blessed holiday and hope you get lotsa goodies under the tree! I love you guys and thnks for hangin in with me through all the ups and downs we'll see ya later! xoxoxoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    I think that a jewish friend of mine said it best one year when I handed out Happy HOliday cards to co-workers. I was very careful to get cards that said Happy Holidays. I had gotten lamblasted by a jehoviah witness for the cards (yeah, nothing would have been better for them..but then I would have been accused of treating them unfairly)...I asked my jewish coworker/friend if he was offended. He laughingly said YES.....he was offended that I felt that I had to send him a happy holiday card when I celebrated Christmas. He said that even though he doesn't celebrate Christmas, he is honored when other people respect him enough to want to share their particular holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great new year!

    I was happy to get a membership to a gym from the hubby (I asked for it) and can't wait to get my carcass moving and hopefully make some progress on the scale.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome y'alls input and ideas just make sure you keep it polite and remember if you cant say nothing nice it's a good time to hush it up!